Zeelo now free to get coaches back on the road
Zeelo is to provide its technology for free to coach operators.
The bus-sharing company aims to deliver safe transport to reduce the risk of infection and provide transparency and confidence during the coming months. Zeelo is launching this as part of its #KeepCommutingSafe and #KeepSchoolRunsSafe campaigns.
In partnership with coach operators, Zeelo aims to deliver ‘safe services’ by providing the following:
- Zeelo’s booking platform – operators will be able to run services that are managed per seat and bookable via the Zeelo App or website. Zeelo’s full E-Ticket solution will be available to manage loading capacities of services to encourage social distancing.
- Contact tracing – all passenger ridership data is live and available to be utilised to trace infection and notify those who have been in close proximity to a case of COVID-19
- Onboard procedures – drivers provided with PPE and hand sanitiser available onboard for all with a policy of no-contact boarding (using side/rear doors if possible)
- Vehicle signage – throughout the vehicle, signage is placed to enforce messaging about social distancing and sanitation along with physical seat blockers
- Vehicle cleaning – a deep clean before each day of operation and hard surface disinfection after each shuttle/run
To get involved with Zeelo, click here for an application form. The deadline for submitting the document is 15 March 2020. Zeelo will randomly select a small group of operators to work with and provide its technology for free. Operators who are not selected will be placed on a waiting list and included when possible. Zeelo will notify selected operators by 20 May about the next steps.
Marc Preston CFO, SBC Coaches, said: “During the lockdown period, we have been operating a service with Zeelo for our local Amazon Fulfilment Centre. We have been operating two vehicles seven days a week throughout this, providing safe pre-booked/paid transport. This service has enabled Amazon to provide social distancing for their staff and keep their site operational.”
John Johnson, Chairman of CPT’s Coach Commission and Owner of Johnson’s Coaches, said: “We have been working with Zeelo for a few years now running commuter and school services. We think this approach may encourage our current set of corporate contracts and schools to get back up and running to support our community get back on its feet.”