Stagecoach focuses beyond traditional bus services
Stagecoach is further extending its focus beyond traditional bus services. It is aiming to help businesses, the education sector and event organisers to recover from COVID-19 with a range of tailored solutions. It is adopting what it describes as a ‘one stop shop’ approach to achieve this.
In response to the changes in work hours and patterns the pandemic has engendered in industries across the country, Stagecoach has developed Stagecoach Solutions. This provides a range of options as an alternative to its traditional bus services to help organisations and their people continue their more flexible public transport commute. This includes tailored shuttle buses, education bus services, on demand services and simple corporate travel. These options will be offered in addition to its regular scheduled bus, coach and tram services.
Stagecoach has recently worked with the NHS and other organisations to introduce tailored services to support employee travel, including “Stagecoach Connect”; offering three new demand responsive bus services for the NHS in the East Midlands.
When larger gatherings are permitted as part of the lockdown easing, Stagecoach will also be able to offer travel support for major events and festivals.
A dedicated new website has been created to demonstrate the full range of options available with the facility to speak to somebody about their specific needs or complete a web form. The relevant local team will then identify which travel solution can fit the organisation’s needs.
The website provides:
- Corporate tickets; offering businesses tailored tickets for employees who regularly use the bus to travel to work
- Customised demand responsive services; on demand services available at a time and place that suits businesses and their employees
- Education bus services; dedicated bus services for better control of social distancing for schools, colleges and universities
- Business shuttle services; helping employees get to work safely with a dedicated eco-friendly service
- Rail replacement services; ground transport solutions to help minimise rail disruption
- Travel support for major events and festivals when larger gatherings are permitted under lockdown easing plans