NCT installs hand sanitiser across fleet
Nottingham City Transport (NCT) has completed the installation of hand sanitiser dispensers to all of its buses.
The dispensers are internally fitted near the front of all 310 buses in the NCT fleet.
Last month, NCT achieved Visit Britain’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard for COVID-secure services. The operator has put in place the following measures for its customers and employees:
- Running a full timetable on all services, providing maximum capacity for people to distance
- Launch of Capacity Checker on the NCT website and NCTX Buses app, where customers can see how quiet or busy their bus is
- Safer Travel Guidance available on buses, at stops and online, with printed signage on buses and regularly changing audio announcements, reminding customers about the requirements
- Closing off of some seats on board buses for social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning on board, paying extra attention to the parts most commonly touched (e.g. bells, poles, card readers)
- Issuing COVID-19 guidance to employees and providing them with hand sanitiser, facial coverings, cleaning wipes and gloves to keep themselves and our customers safe
- Assessment of all NCT premises and making changes to ensure they are COVID secure
- Regularly reviewing and implementing government advice and guidance
NCT’s buses are currently carrying around 40% of the normal passenger levels for this time of year.
A recent NCT customer survey showed that 90% of respondents felt safe travelling on its buses and that the majority of people travelling were wearing a facial covering.