McGill’s Bus Service Ltd, the UKs largest independent bus operator and Scottish Public Transport Operator of the Year 2022, are currently recruiting for an Engineering Standards Auditor to join the team at McGill’s, based at Inchinnan Depot.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in improving standards and compliance by ensuring best practice is adhered to within the organisation. This role will involve travel between all our group locations, at McGill’s Scotland West, McGill’s Scotland East, and Xplore Dundee.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and forward-thinking company. Come and work with the latest technology, we currently operate 800 vehicles within McGill’s fleet, including 109 electric vehicles. As Engineering Standards Auditor, what will you be doing?
Ensuring that all company vehicles are fully compliant, safe and road worthy to DVSA and McGill’s Bus company standards, at all company locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct audits at all locations.
• Responsible for vehicle file audits at all locations.
• Ensure the company is fully compliant with DVSA rules and regulations.
• MOT audits are carried out in a timely manner.
• Responsible for equipment audit presence and operation.
• Continuous shunter training on our Return to depot process.
• Ensure that Return to Depot checks are being carried out.
• Report to the Engineering Director all audit findings in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure Health and Safety procedures are being followed out of hours.
• Responsible for spreadsheet detailing and maintain all vehicle audit/MOT progress and ensuring that this is kept up to date.
Who are we looking for?
• You must possess a full UK driving licence.
• You must be a time served PCV mechanic or a heavy vehicle mechanic. With experience of managing workshop processes.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
• IRTEC or equivalent DVSA inspections training.
• The ability to use and create Excel and Word documents.
What can we offer you?
• Annual salary of £42000 and company vehicle or car allowance.
• 28 days holiday per year.
• Continual training and development to further your career.
• Unlimited free travel for you and a companion on McGill’s Bus services.
• We will also provide you with all necessary PPE and specialist equipment.
This is a full time, permanent role and hours of work will be based on the requirements of the job, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Apply now at: https://uk.surveymonkey.com/r/XPF5M5K
Good luck with your application!